When I think of a moment of culinary delight, the brownies are the top choices. I have been preparing this dessert for years! It is very easy to cook, just by using ingredients which you already have in the house. The ingredients I used for this recipe are for 10 servings and it took me approximately 1 hour to prepare. You will surely love it!
- 5 eggs
- 250 g of sugar
- 250 g of flour
- 150 ml of milk
- 250 g of butter or margarine
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa
- 3 tablespoons of vanilla sugar
- rum essence
- half a teaspoon of baking powder
- a teaspoon of vinegar
- chocolate/coconut flakes
- In a pan, over low heat, melt the butter/margarine together with the sugar. Add the cocoa and the milk while stirring gently. Let the mixture boil for a few minutes, until all the sugar melts.
- Out of this composition put aside 18 tablespoons, for the icing, and add a few drops of rum essence to it. Put it to rest.
- Mix the rest of the composition with the egg whites, by using an electric mixer at low speed, until you get a meringue composition.
- Add the egg yolks, the flour, the vanilla sugar, the baking powder and the vinegar while stirring gently until you get a homogenous composition.
- In a tray, place the special baking paper and pour the composition in it and bake it for approximately 40 minutes at 180 C.
- After it is ready, let it cool for approximately 10 minutes and then pour the icing on top. You can add chocolate flakes or coconut flakes, by preference. A delicious chocolate crust will result!